About this role: Senior Mechanical Engineer - Mining
Brunel is sourcing a Senior Mechanical Engineer for one of our blue chip mining clients to work in a team of other engineers to support their Operations and our Projects teams within the Asset Management division. The operational assets include Fixed Plant Processing facilities, Rail assets, Port assets, dewatering assets and various non-process infrastructure such as accommodation camps, diesel storage & workshops. Regular visits to our Operations in the Pilbara are an expectation of this roleThis is a full-time salaried position based in Perth and would suit a Senior generalist Engineer ideally from an EPCM background with strong core design skills and project execution experience.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Providing technical support to our Operational Projects teams execution capital works including scoping, design review & technical queries;
- Support to our existing Operations by investigating equipment failures, support during breakdown events, providing direction & technical guidance to site stakeholders and coaching and mentoring of junior engineers;
- Providing sound Engineering Standards to ensure our people are safe and our assets are reliable and efficient;
- Participating in a compliance auditing program that may include balanced machine risk management, classified plant management or tank integrity management;
- Providing safety leadership to effectively identify and manage technical risks
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer that includes experience in the Mining Industry
- Candidates with 15+ years preferred but not essential
- Design and construction experience of Balanced Machines and other materials handling equipment (stackers/reclaimers ) will be highly regarded
- A candidate that has a mix of design, project delivery and operational background is preferred.
- Experience across a broad range of assets is preferred.
- Perth based position: Monday to Friday + frequent site visits (WA Pilbara)
- 11% super + up to 15% bonus (or 22% if taking shares option)
- Permanent position
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)