About this role: Senior Human Resources Associate
We are currently hiring a Senior Human Resources Associate for a full-time 18-month contract with the possibility of becoming permanent for a global company in Prince Edward Island.
Canada Benefits Program (includes group insurance benefits, health/dental benefits, group retirement/pension savings):
- Conduct all new hire orientations for benefit enrollment.
- Manage all benefit termination and employee data with the insurance providers.
- Manage the annual renewal and re-enrollment process for the benefits program.
- Manage the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and wellness initiatives.
- Communicate and provide support to all employee inquiries regarding the Benefits and Leave Absence Management Program for Canada in a timely manner.
- Review and analyze the benefits program on a yearly basis to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement to stay competitive within the market.
Leave of Absence Management:
- Manage all leaves of absence for Canada.
- Provide ongoing communication with employees regarding leaves.
- Provide regular leave status updates to managers/supervisors.
- Maintain all leave records within the HRIS system and provide clear communication and accurate instruction to Payroll regarding leaves when needed.
- Consistently communicate with the benefit provider and employees regarding return-to-work plans (GTRW plans, accommodations, restrictions, etc.).
Other HR assigned tasks:
- Coordinate and participate in recruitment activities such as organizing site HR new hire orientations, onboarding schedules, new hire packages, and scheduling interviews.
- Research market and prepare HR policies and procedures that meet the organization’s standards as well as employment legislation.
- Maintain purchase orders and payments for the Canada benefits program when required.
- Work on special HR projects and ad hoc assignments as they arise.
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources (or equivalent) is required.
- 3+ years of experience in human resources is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong background in leave management and group benefits.
- An HR Professional Designation is preferred.
- Experience with HRIS systems is preferred.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We will get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)