About this role: Senior Environmental Advisor
Brunel is seeking the services of an experienced Senior Environmental Advisor to join the Environmental Approvals Team to provide environmental advice and prepare environment approval documentation for our expanding business. Our client is one is Australia's leading Iron ore producers with a strong set of company values and ideals. This role is a Perth based role with site visits required.
In this role, you daily operations will include:
- Conduct environmental impact assessments of Fortescue’s sites and projects
- Preparation and submission of Fortescue's Environmental Approval applications
- Provide environmental approvals advice including approvals strategies, project management and
- management of environmental studies for approvals purposes
- Management and supervision of consultants and contractors
- Communication of Fortescue’s environmental approvals internally
- Conduct site visits, as required
The skill set required to be eligible for this role:
- A tertiary Degree in Environmental Science, or equivalent
- Desired - 5 - 8 years’ experience in an environmental role within the resources industry or an associated government department
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and understanding of State and Federal environmental legislation
- Advanced reporting writing, interpersonal and communications skills
- A strong understanding of Microsoft software applications
- Desired – experience in use of GIS software
- Desired knowledge and understanding of the Pilbara environment
- Current C Class WA Drivers Licence
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australia, based in the the Pilbara Region. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- Monday to Friday Roster
- Initial 3 month contract with likelihood of extension based on performance and fit in the team.
- Competitive salary
- Access to Brunel Benefits-discounts on healthcare, gym membership, hotels and more.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Sheila Pillay via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Projects Australia Perth