About this role: Senior Embedded Controls Test Engineer
We are currently hiring a Senior Embedded Controls Test Engineer to join our client’s Systems Engineering team. Successful candidates will have hands-on experience in software validation/verification process and activities for embedded controllers; demonstrate the capability to establish a portable and scalable validation/verification platform; know what and how to effectively evaluate software quality through well-defined metrics.
- Heavily involved in the software validation and verification test procedure, focusing on developing test framework, selecting/building/executing test equipment, guiding the whole software group for quality assurance and best practice.
- Develop test procedure for various levels of white-box software testing, including static analysis, dynamic analysis/testing, unit testing and integration testing (MIL, HIL) with test coverage.
- Design and source components and parts to build test bench at both software level and hardware level, with well developed documentation.
- Develop and automate test code and routines in Model-Based development (Matlab/Simulink) environment and text-based coding environment (C/C++/IEC/scripting language).
- Implement and test software interface I/Os, CAN communication by using CANanalyzer or equivalent tools.
- Define and document test metrics with inputs, conditions and expected pass/fail criteria for regression testing.
- Develop and maintain traceability between requirements and test cases, and manage the test reports by following the formal configuration management process.
- Document and report the test activities for functional safety compliance purpose.
- Manage software test code version control and evolution.
- Other duties as occasionally required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, computer engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial-level embedded firmware/software validation and verification testing.
- Experience with formal software version control (Git/SVN) and release/configuration management.
- Excellent documentation and detail-oriented approach on test development and execution
- Experience commissioning, tuning, and troubleshooting embedded software by using MM, Scope and other relevant equipment.
- Commitment to delivering high quality software by inventing and following processes, procedures and coding styles.
- Team player, self-motivated, have habit to document and communicate promptly on what is done. Have passion in engineering and doing things in a systematic way.
Nice to have:
- An engineering degree from an accredited Electrical, Electronics or Computer eng. university/college/institutional program.
- Work experience with Agile development process.
- Experience with instrumentation including pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices.
- Experience with full software lifecycle and safety-critical software development, including requirements, design, integration, validation, and verification is strong asset.
- Extensive experience with CAN and communication protocols such as J1939, CANopen is a strong asset.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We will get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Rory Lyden via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto