About this role: Safety Advisor
Brunel Australasia are currently recruiting for a Safety Specialist (SSHE Advisor). This is an exciting opportunity to join a global Oil & Gas industry leader, working from their operations in Longford, VIC.
An exciting opportunity to work as an Onshore SSH&E Specialist role, supporting offshore O&G operations. Role responsibilities include;
- To interact, demonstrate and promote safety leadership to the First Line Supervisory group and employees.
- To support and assist the Site Safety supervisor in the implementation and execution of safety initiatives and programs.
- To assist all field supervisors understand and support EAPL Safety Management Systems, tools, programs, initiatives and safety requirements
- To provide safety coaching and mentoring, and advice on-site as required.
- To provide a leadership link from the line to advisory staff to promote consistency of safety programs to and from the field and across the operating sites
- The position(s) would report to the site SSHE supervisor.
- Incumbent will be responsible for conducting themselves to the standards set in ExxonMobil Production Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Assist Supervisors in the safe and effective Leadership of Operations pertinent to safety matters. Identify issues and support supervisors to a consistent level such that EAPL safety expectations are clearly disseminated to employees and contractors.
- Confirm that the daily pre tour and end of day communications with crews are carried out in a professional manner.
- Ensure that all personnel comply with safe working practices and including the application of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Facilitate the follow up of all Incidents in a timely manner to the satisfaction of Management and the Regulator and provide a leadership role in high value learning incidents and the dissemination of those learnings.
- Provide coaching to ensure supervisors are capable of taking ownership of incidents originating from their areas of responsibility.
- Utilise and mentor in observation and intervention techniques to assist supervisors on how to best resolve areas of concern.
- Facilitate, coach and assist in the auditing and review processes of Job Safety Analysis activities and be a champion for enhancing HS&E tools currently in use.
- Support the SSHE supervisor implementation of new safe work practices, including crew training initiatives and communications of changes as required.
- Complete field audits, verification of systems and tools used, PPE compliance, tool box attendance
- Behavioral Skills: analytical, communicates effectively, courage of conviction, manages risk
- Functional Skills: emergency preparedness and response, incident investigation and analysis, operations integrity and compliance assessment, OIMS execution support, risk assessment and management, safety management, safety regulations and standards, fundamentals of health, fundamentals of environmental management and regulatory compliance, environmental standards, regulation development and advocacy, SSHE management - operations and maintenance, managing critical operations activities
- Prefer college level education or equivalent
- Demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- Knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
- Prefer prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- No training will be provided (other than the company's specific safety standards and procedures)
- Longford Gas Plant
- Mon-Fri 40Hrs/week
- 12 Month contract with potential of renewal
- $75/hr Incl Super (guide)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)