About this role: Project Controls Manager
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a Project Controls Manager with our client who is a global, leading mining company on apower plant build. Power plant experience required.
This contractor position will work remotely, with potential travel to New Orleans and potentially to other engineering design offices during the project. Could potentially have to travel to Indonesia in the future.
- Manages and oversees project controls functional area for very large multidisciplinary high risk capital engineering and construction projects from FEED to operations.
- Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting.
- Manages project controls personnel.
- Responsible for establishing operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project managers and corporate management.
- Experienced with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- This role will be a “hands on” position with the successful applicant undertaking the day to day cost engineering duties on the owner’s team.
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations.
- Interact with the Project Management team and corporate management team and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information and prepare reports and presentations of information as needed on the project.
- Identify and communicate design changes, scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process and communicate and suggest corrective actions.
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensure adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Oversees project baseline process for cost, schedule and progress and ensure all project systems are implemented according to process and company standards and procedures.
- Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to project controls on the project following the company project stage gate process.
- Establish risk management protocol which includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified.
- Ensure the accuracy of reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project. Develop progress measurement process for required scopes of work.
- Establish and manage project schedule development, review and update processes and to ensure accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule.
- Manage and ensure all project required reporting is pared and submitted as per approved reporting schedule for the project.
- Mentor and lead a large staff of project controls team members, ensure project is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews and manage any staffing issues that may arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields and twelve (12) years’ experience in Project Management, at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR
- High School diploma or GED and twenty (16) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business related field with at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls
- Experience in combined Cycle Power Plants
- Leadership ability and strong management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Experience with ERP system, estimating software, SAP and EcoSys is preferred
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting
- Strong understanding of Primavera and with overall planning process and best practice on capital mining projects
- Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment
- Experience with mining construction projects, especially in Asia
- Bahasa language skills is a plus
- Experience with mining construction projects
- $800-950 a day
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment.
- Plus 3 days PTO
Our client is a leading, global mining and metals company.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Madison Ringlein via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel USA - Houston