About this role: Production Technician
On behalf of our client, a leading upstream Oil & Gas Company, Brunel are seeking for an experienced Production Technician.
This role will be primarily responsible for operating all the process and ancillary equipment to ensure safety, production and OPEX targets are achieved. This includes working closely within a team-oriented environment assisting with the efficient operation of all aspects of the facility.
- Required to be a member of the Incident Response Team.
- Maintain a pro-active approach towards HSE by identifying facility hazards, ensuring environmentalcompliance & incident reporting, including participation in safety & toolbox meetings.
- Maintain a high level of facility housekeeping and cleanliness.
- Have the ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Permit Authority, Panel/Field Operator, and Authorised Gas Tester across day and night shift.
- Create and revise facility Operational Procedures
- Monitor production and utility system parameters to ensure that the facility is operated with in a safe working envelope, ensuring emissions, energy efficiency, and production targets are met.
- Utilise Bassnet CMMS to create revise and complete work orders.
- Conduct Critical Device Function Testing & monitoring of chemical performance.
- Carry out process isolations as directed and in accordance with the PTW procedure
- Maintain relevant skill level qualifications within position skills matrix.
- Cert III in Process Plant Operations (required), Ideally Cert IV
- Mandatory offshore Control Room Operator (CCR) Experience
- Plant process operation experience
- Fixed Platform Experience
- E&I, mechanical, or refrigeration trade (considered favourably)
- 5+ years in a similar position
- Ability to handle pressure in an Incident situation
- Knowledge of Oil/Gas utility & production processing systems.
- Understanding artificial lift technique. (Submersible Pumps)
- Strong leadership skills in field operations and safety management.
- Experience in writing temporary operating procedures, MOC’s SARA’s
- OGUK / AMSA
- TBOSIET & CAEBS
- 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on, 4 weeks off roster
- 12 months contract with the view of Permanent employment
- Location: Stag Platform
- Competitive rates
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)