About this role: Principal Projects Commercial
Our client a leader who helps support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential, is seeking a Principal Projects Commercial to join their team. With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Their strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Olympic Dam Asset Projects (ODAP) provides the expertise to define, integrate and safely deliver a diverse portfolio of projects across the Mine, Surface, Infrastructure and Tailings areas between US$10M - US$250M. As a member of the Projects, Commercial Procurement sub-function for Minerals Australia you will be responsible for working collaboratively with the ODAP team to plan, implement and manage contracts according to the approved strategy with an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
The Projects, Commercial (ODAP) team requires a diligent contracts professional to provide ongoing commercial support and guidance for existing and planned contract packages. A core focus of this role will be delivering end to end contract management as an integrated member of the Projects, Commercial ODAP team and providing guidance and support to other members of the team. As part of the role you will be expected to foster collaborative relationships both the internal project team and with external parties for the successful delivery of the ODAP projects.
Ideally, you will hold a tertiary qualification (Quantity Surveying/procurement, engineering, business, law are preferred) or similar with experience within the mining and mineral resources industry. Alternatively you might have 5-10 years’ experience on the Contractor side (engineering/technical consultancies or construction) with a demonstrated understanding of project delivery.
- You will have the opportunity to utilise your advanced engagement and collaboration skills in managing stakeholder relationships. Likewise, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high standard of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience in applying your strengths in analysis and problem solving in order to develop business solutions;
- Significant stakeholder management experience;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment;
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;Strong multi-tasking and organizational management skills;
- Experience with establishing maintenance and support agreements;
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project;
- SAP experience and experience in a mature Contract Management System (CMS) is preferred.
Our client has a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team an in return offer:
- Monday to Friday
- 40 hours per week
- Challenging yet rewarding role
- Competitive Salary
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)