About this role: Mechanical Engineer
On behalf of our client, a world leading Oil & Gas operator, we are looking for an Owners Team Mechanical Engineer to support the CO2 Facilities team and to lead the Mechanical discipline work being undertaken by their 3rd Party Engineering Panel contractor.
- Mechanical input into schedule/man hour forecasts as requested by Facilities Manager
- Technical ownership/oversight and assurance of all mechanical deliverables (datasheets/calculations/isometrics/review of reports etc.) developed by the 3rd Party Engineering contractor as well as company team.
- Mechanical assurance and inter-discipline input into Project developed engineering and vendor deliverables
- Assurance to ensure compliance to relevant Mechanical specifications/industry standards.
- Input/support of concession requests to Mechanical specifications where required, including management of the 3rd Party Engineering contractor concession development and socialization through relevant SMEs for endorsement.
- Input into the Project BOD and other key Project deliverables for mechanical aspects.
- Engage with vendors, including water filtration vendors on potential technologies and design detail.
- Support Facilities Manager with oversight and coordination of external engineering resources
- General management of 3rd party mechanical discipline resources
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Company best practices and lessons learnt.
- Engineering Degree qualified from a recognized Tertiary institution.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience.
- Strong mechanical engineering experience on large projects, within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Strong understanding and application of Australian and International standards relevant to the Australian oil and gas industry.
- Strong experience in Static and Rotating equipment design/selection/fabrication/testing and technical support of installation and commissioning.
- Experience with Pressure vessels, ACHEs, API610 pumps (multiphase), API tanks, solid-liquid cyclones, liquidliquid cyclones, coalescers
- Strong mechanical package management experience – ability to support reviews of vendor engineering deliverables/oversight of 3rd Party Mechanical package engineers/mechanical engineers, coordination of multiple packages requiring multidiscipline engineering reviews/support.
- Strong understanding of inter-discipline dependencies from a project delivery perspective.
- Experience with constructability/operability reviews and ability to integrate operability/maintainability into design.
- Familiarity and experience with modularization concepts – with intent to maximise off-sitepreassembly/testing.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver to a tight schedule
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
- 2.5 years contract opportunity
- Perth based role with occasional travel to site
- Work with a world lead Oil & Gas operator
- Compressed work week option - 9 hours per day & every second Friday off
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)