About this role: Material Handling Technician
We are currently hiring a Material Handling Technician to safe handling of materials such as lab samples and products and effective management of inventory, ensuring accuracy and tracking data is processed in a timely manner. This is a 12-month contract, full-time position located in Calgary, Alberta.
- Safe handling of materials such as lab samples and products
- Effective management of inventory, ensuring accuracy and tracking data is processed in a timely manner.
- Receipt of all incoming material, application of barcodes and communication to applicable individuals.
- Organization and disposal of expired or no longer needed materials
- Maintaining and updating databases (LIMS, Barcode)
- Processing transportation (TDG) requests.
- Ordering and maintaining minimum levels of supplies including lab coats, compressed gases and other lab and office supplies.
- Coordinating the day-to-day activities between the two Innovation sites (CAR and CPA).
- Providing input into the development of safe standard operating procedures and providing updates and improvements to existing processes.
- Moving materials within a warehouse environment with the use of a forklift, manual or power pallet jack.
- Regular interaction with customers and shipping companies/couriers
- Safe packaging of materials for shipping purposes
- Filling out customs compliance documentation for cross border shipments
- Legally able to work in Canada and travel abroad.
- 4 to 6 years direct materials handling experience.
- Strong safety culture and experience with reading and writing procedures.
- Forklift certification.
- TDG certification.
- Direct shipping / receiving experience.
- Warehouse and inventory management experience.
- Computerized inventory management and tracking systems experience.
- Good attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong customer interaction skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience with customs compliance processes is an asset.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)