About this role: Health & Saftey Specialist
Brunel is seeking a Health and Saftey Specialist on behalf of one of Australia's top Iron-Ore mining companies. This is a fast paced role requiring a hardworking and organised individual. You will be driving the effective implementation of Contractor Management onsite the Hedland Operations.
- Championing and shaping the Contractor Management function to deliver best practice, now and into the future.
- Ensuring consistent and ‘continuous improvement’ approach to contractor management across sites.
- You will play a critical role in understanding our current operating landscape, and influence and advise how we can be doing things better to drive efficiency and achieve better-quality outcomes.
- Building strong and productive relationships with key contractors ensuring we foster a culture of continuous learning, development and high performance.
- Routinely perform Audits and Health and Safety Inspections to demonstrate commitment to monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Identify emerging or key contractor issues and recommend approaches to systematically deal with them that are consistent with Contractor Management and other HS documents.
- Ensure that safety, health and environment key performance indicators for contractors are being measured by Contract Owners
- Extensive industry experience, including a demonstrated ability to effectively manage a large contractor workforce, and confidence in liaising with various stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Outstanding Leadership, through your constructive and collaborative leadership style you will lead by example, mentor and develop our contractor relationships.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, with a strong understanding of WH&S legislation within the resources sector
- A continuous improvement mindset - You have high standards and recognise the key to achieve the best outcomes is through healthy relationships, collaboration and continuous improvement
- 6 month contract to be extended
- 4:3 Roster
- Brunel Benefits
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)