About this role: Head Of Process
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021)
- Provides Process engineering leadership and expertise while supervising and administering Process team.
- Supports Engineering Manager in monitoring the Contractor’s progress on delivery of the required documents in the Process Engineering disciplines.
- Leads the development of Contractors Process Engineering activities.
- Leads the process engineering inputs for Masters Deliverables Register (MDR) including planning and scheduling of the Process deliverables to enable efficient project execution.
- Plans and schedules the Process engineering deliverables to enable efficient project execution, ensuring technical alignment and compliance with Company operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system.
- Maintains close liaison with appropriate members of Engineering Teams and gains alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Leads key design workshop and ensure that Process design recommendations are correctly implemented and actions closed (Lessons Learned, Value Engineering, HAZID,HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, engineering criticality assessment, etc.).
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts with respect to the disciplines involved in delivery of the Process Engineering and ensures endorsement of Process Technical deviations to Company specifications when required.
- Ensures quality assurance of the Process engineering and Flow Assurance activities deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
- General understanding of multi discipline engineering (mechanical/piping/ instrumentation /etc) and ability to work closely with multidisciplinary teams.
- Accountable for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating Process engineering and design lessons learned for the current project.
- Ensure compliance with management of change procedures for changes in the Contractors design or deviations from the Company directives
- Assesses contractor capability and recommends additional technical support to address gaps
- Mentor and contribute to the development of of Qatari employees
- Supports the EPC Contractor's activities with respect to Process engineering execution including:
- Provide guidance to the Contractor to promote compliance.
- Validates all affected parties are familiar with Process engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements.
- Validates that the EPC Contractor staffs the Process teams with adequate numbers of qualified personnel.
- Validates that the EPC Contractor employs the appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software.
- Validates that the EPC Contractor adheres to all appropriate specifications and standards.
- Validates that the EPC Contractor provides all contract documents, including those referred to in the contract.
- Validates compliance with EPC Contractor design verification processes.
- Compliance with Company policies for prevention of information brokering and compliance with business standards guidelines
- Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Offshore facilities design, construction, and operations
- Engineering execution
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Chemical/Process engineering discipline
- Minimum 15 years of closely related professional experience, 10+ years of which should be at the senior Facilities / Process engineering / engineering supervision level (Offshore Oil & Gas Experience)
- Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Make decisions in the general interest while pursuing business results
- Prepare contingency plans for the unexpected (pro-active, forward-looking)
- Proactively and continuously grow technical expertise in Facilities engineering disciplines
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Willing and able to travel as required
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)