About this role: Field Services Team Lead / Area Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Level Technician to lead our Field Services Team and who can apply best principles and practices in the delivery of field-based automation and control system maintenance and support services. Based out of our Ft. St. John office, you are a self-starter and keen to continue developing your existing skillset (along with taking on a variety of work). While leading some of the best technicians in the industry, the successful candidate will work within existing well-defined processes and procedures as well as identifying and developing new ones, and actively mentor more junior technical resources on the team.
- Responsible for promoting a safety culture and awareness within this area of focus
- Leadership and ongoing development of the Field Services team, including the direct mentorship of more junior team members
- Management of client relationships as the primary Field Services business leader
- Lead business development activities for the identification of new Field Services and project opportunities
- Management of projects and support contracts to established budget, schedule and scope
- Project estimate and proposal development
- Active participation in marketing initiatives and events
- Interpret and follow engineering design specification documents and industry standards
- Preparation of all forms of project deliverables
- Participate in engineering design reviews
- Development of testing plans
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of automation and control system server and PC hardware
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of automation and control system hardware and associated infrastructure
- DCS, PLC, RTU and HMI graphic programming and testing as required
- Configuration, testing and troubleshooting of industrial data communications
- Basic electrical and fiber optic fault finding
- Identify and support cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives
- Red Seal tradesperson in the Instrumentation and/or Electrical field(s)
- Engineering Technology Diploma in Instrumentation or Electrical with registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) is preferred
- PMP designation is an asset
- 15 years of automation and controls service/support/maintenance in an industrial facility operations environment
- 5 years experience in leading technical teams
- Working knowledge of industry standards and codes
- Easily adapts to change
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated, dedicated experience with automation and control system maintenance in a facility operations environment would be considered an asset.
- Valid drivers license.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)