About this role: Field Geologist
This is an exciting opportunity to join a major oil industry player for a contract role in the Surat Basin as a Field Geologist
- Evaluate offset data before the start of drilling
- Analyse, evaluate and describe formations while drilling, using data from sources such as cuttings, gas, measuring while drilling (MWD) and logging while drilling (LWD) tools, and wireline logs
- Compare data gathered during formation evaluation measurement while drilling with predictions made at the exploration stage
- Advise on drilling hazards and discuss with wellsite Rep
- Advise mud logging operations personnel on-site and in the operations office
- Attend rig meetings after each shift takes over and call the operations geologist with updates
- Acting as the representative of the onshore oil company geology team
- Supervise mudlogging, MWD and LWD, core logging and wireline services teams, and monitor quality control in relation to these services
- Keep detailed records, write reports, complete daily, weekly and post-well reporting logs and send these to appropriate departments
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of MWD tools, such as gamma ray and resistivity.
- Communicate regularly with onshore operations offices
- Take the lead on health and safety at the wellsite.
- A seasoned professional with a well-developed knowledge of wellsite geology services. Experiences as wellsite geologist,
- High level skills in rock analysis
- A clear understanding of Surat Basin geology and exploration wells.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Confidence in giving an opinion
- The ability to evaluate complex information and make decisions at any hour, day or night
- An understanding of the activity taking place in the well and its implications
- Sensitivity to different cultures and ways of working
- leadership and supervisory skills
- Practical skills
- The ability to get on well with others in and out of the working environment, as you'll be working and living with the same set of people, without respite, for several weeks
- Competence in IT, with the ability to use standard office programs and specialised software
- Based in Surat Basin
- Field and office based role
- 3 month contract with option to extend
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)