About this role: Engineering Project Manager
We’re hiring an Engineering Project Manager for our client, an international medical devices company. Our client develops innovative medical devices designed to increase the quality of life for patients suffering some respiratory illnesses.
The Engineering Project Manager is responsible for managing projects, including new product development, design changes, and sustaining or maintenance projects. This position coordinates cross-functional resources and schedules to deliver project plans and deliverables on-time, within budget, and in alignment with company-wide priorities.
- Manage projects of varying size and complexity from concept to production per internal procedures and regulatory standards for new products.
- Manage design change projects for software updates, sustaining activities, new market releases, product updates, and standard updates.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to manage product portfolio life cycle planning to ensure that products are compliant with regulatory standards as they are updated, published, and adopted.
- Manage project timelines, milestones, budget, and BOM costs, and report project status to team and management, as applicable.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, Regulatory, Quality, and Ops, to define project requirements, make decisions, and accomplish objectives.
- Conduct meetings and track project status to set goals, monitor timelines, align expectations, facilitate cross-functional communication, and ensure task completion.
- Coordinate product development activities, including development of plans and strategies, creation of customer facing labeling and interfaces, and hardware integration/testing, software development/testing, validations, market release activities according to product plans and international roll-out strategies including registration/clearance activities and reimbursement.
- Coordinate and support engineering verification activities, including scheduling, planning, delegating tasks, and releasing documentation.
- Promote teamwork and motivate others to solve challenges in a productive and positive manner.
- Assist in project management and product development process improvements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree with a focus in Mechanical, Biomedical, and/or Electrical Engineering, required.
- 4+ years’ experience in project management experience in medical device, required.
- 4+ years’ experience in medical device industry, required.
- Project management certification from PMI or equivalent, preferred.
- Fluent in MS Project, Excel and other MS Office applications, required.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency ISO 13485, MDD or MDR, required.
- Advanced knowledge in FDA GMP and ISO regulated quality systems, required.
- Knowledge of global regulatory landscape, preferred
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Proven leadership ability with an emphasis on accountability and conflict management.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of FDA/ISO Design Control requirements required.
- Attention to detail and follow through required.
- Passion for product quality and excellence required.
- Strong technical writing and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced team environment required.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)