About this role: Drilling Operations Supervisor
This is an exciting opportunity to join an emerging player for a contract role in the Surat Basin as a Drilling Operations Supervisor!
The Drilling Operations Supervisor’s role is to safely and efficiently manage well and rig site operations to deliver these business objectives in full compliance with relevant legislation and company policies. Working in the Surat basin for a conventional drilling programme.HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT:
Demonstrate leadership in safety behaviours and practices at the well site through active engagement with contractor’s personnel, and the promotion of positive HSE attitudes and learning.
- Promote a high degree of HS&E awareness and good HS&E practices
- Ensure safety has the highest priority and is at the forefront of well planning, execution and in discussions with all contractors and service providers
- Establish a culture that ensures HSE and operational risks have been assessed and appropriate mitigation plans developed.
- Assure all site personnel are aware of, and comply with, relevant legislation and company policies, procedures for dispensation as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory obligations under the relevant State / Territory Petroleum Act.
- Manage and monitor all health and social aspects on the drilling / workover unit and encourage the enhancement of work environment and personnel welfare.
- Understand the site safety and environmental management systems and ensure that they are implemented as designed and are consistent with Policies and Standards and of the respective Installations SMS (Safety Management System) in the case of a Contractors Rig.
- Ensure yourselves and site personnel understand the Emergency Response Procedures, Interface document and carry out regular emergency drills as appropriate.
- Demonstrate commitment by actively participating in the contractor’s HSE programme and processes. Take an active role in site safety meetings and ensure that commitment to HSE is fully communicated.
- Check competency of third party contractors and ensure they comply and understand both expectations and installation safety standards and practices.
- Be part of and initiate accident and incident investigations as required. Ensure all accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner.
- IWCF Supervisory Level - mandatory
- Working knowledge of EDM well engineering software packages or an equivalent system
- Experience with Conventional drilling (+/-3000m TD), workover or abandonment operations
- Have a minimum of 10 + years of drilling / workover / intervention experience at a supervisory level. Due to upcoming Coiled Tubing and Wireline workscope, individuals with strong Coiled Tubing and Wireline experience are preferred.
- Based in Surat Basin
- Field based role
- 3 month contract with option to extend
- Even time roster (most likely 3/3)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)