About this role: Contracting Management Advisor
Seeking a Contracting Management advisor for a 12 month contract (potential to extend) based in Docklands Melbourne.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
The Contracting Management Advisor is a technical leader who serves as an expert in contract planning, development, and administration, or materials management matters.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contracting and Materials Management Strategy Development
- Ensure that the organization properly translates project specific objectives and strategies into appropriate
- Contracting and Materials Management Strategies
- Provide advice to Project Management on quality issues and support effort to resolve them
- Ensure that the Contracting Strategy Workshops (CSWs): consider appropriate alternatives and objective criteria for evaluation and selection of lead case and fallback options, utilize appropriate broad based market intelligence in assessing contractor interests, capabilities and compensation options and consider partner requirements / constraints
- Support the organization in review and endorsement of proposed contracting strategies
- Ensure that screening / pre-qualification activities engage an appropriately broad contractor community, with the necessary critical questions / evaluations
- Support the organization in review and endorsement of proposed bid slate
- Ensure that bid review plans incorporate best practices and apply the most weight to critical success / failure criteria
- Support the organization in review and endorsement of proposed contract award recommendation
- Ensure that complex administration matters such as incentive plans and major claims resolution receive appropriate scrutiny and strategic / critical thinking prior to implementation
- Support the Senior Contracts Engineering Consultant in mentoring and development of SMEs, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Specialists, and Contracts Engineer (CE) Advisors
- Support the equipping and education of personnel in project contracting
- Serve as a trainer in contracting sponsored courses (Contract Planning, Development and Administration (CPDA), Bid Review, Advanced Contracts Strategy Management (ACSM) )
- Support the Sr. Contracts Engineering Consultant and management in assessing organizational competencies and skill development plans
- Support planning and engagement of contractor executive management as necessary in furthering strategic relationships, development of emerging contractors, and resolution of critical issues
- Engage as necessary with partners to educate on Company contracting processes, MI, and strategy development
- Engage with Company Affiliate contracting professionals to share learnings
Organization, Systems, Processes, Procedures
- Support / champion the continuous improvement and incorporation of company's lessons learned
- Support the Sr. Contracts Engineering Consultant and management in assessing that the organization and its systems, process
- Experience in contracts engineering / administration / materials management required
- Experience in project leadership required
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Broad understanding of project execution and contracting principles, theories, and concepts
- Expert in commercial negotiations, contractor management and contract administration
- Willing to business travel or relocate to project sites (domestic / overseas)
- Management experience on major project
- Owner/Operator experience in project management roles
- Docklands based role in Melbourne
- 10hr days Mon- Fri
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)