About this role: Contract Formation Specialist
We are currently hiring an experienced Contract Formation Specialist to join our client’s growing project team. The Senior Contracts Specialist performs all tasks involved in the formation and award of contracts and the administration of those contracts (if necessary). They are responsible for communicating with bidders and personnel within the Project to establish clear definition of requirements and to assure performance to stated project requirements. Further to this they are responsible for the identification of the contract specifics including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, proposals, schedules, and other documents incorporated in the contract and to ensure that with the project team that the contract is administered to the contractual requirements specified (if necessary).
- Develops and implements the contracting strategy for the assigned project or area, including the development and translation of the contracting execution approach into a specific working contracting plan.
- Assists the Contracts Manager in the development of the contracts section for a Project.
- Supports development of project subcontract formation procedures for review by designated supervisor and inclusion into the project contract procedure
- Prepares and maintains project bidder lists, ensuring supporting input is received from all subcontract’s functions and other functional groups.
- Guides, plans, and assists Engineering and Construction to achieve the understanding required to process the Service Requisition and Scope of Work for the procurement of services.
- Prepares bid request packages, addenda, and other bid cycle correspondence to ensure proper format, content and project requirements are met.
- Reviews subcontract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts and/or deviations from the scope of work and makes recommendations to the Project Manager on the mitigation of these risks as well as closely monitoring and supporting remedial actions
- Leads negotiations and prepares proposed negotiating plans in the commitment and resolution of commercial conditions of contracts.
- Responsible for all aspects of contract formation to contract execution ensuring project contracting of services is consistent with all applicable directives, management instructions and contracts procedures and that such requirements have been implemented in the assigned area of project operations.
- When required, assists project subcontracts team in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplementary commercial conditions.
- Maintains a working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal, Project Controls, Risk Management and Accounting to facilitate organizations interfaces between those involved in contract management.
- Participates in operational and/or project reviews and audits.
- Executes commitments within delegated signing authority.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in all matters of Supply Chain within an EPC and/or client organisation with EPC/EPCM contract formation experience.
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Law, Engineering or Construction Management is an asset.
- Experience and/or courses in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, claims mitigation, management, analysis, negotiation, and resolution.
- Fosters a positive and collaborative work culture and champion the Vision, Values and Covenants by leading by example.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with Stakeholders including Clients, Senior Leaders, and frontline employees.
- Brings a team-centric approach that is supportive and encouraging.
- Can manage shifting priorities while maintaining deliverable deadlines.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We will get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)