About this role: Construction Engineer
On behalf of our client, world's leading integrated energy companies, Brunel are currently seeking for a Construction Engineer.
This role will be Perth based and expected to transition to a site base position tentatively Q2/3 2023.
- Operational Excellence (40%)
- Responsible for site safety on all Barrow Island CO2 sites.
- Provide leadership to achieve an Incident and Injury Free Workplace.
- Champion the safety culture on site through leadership behaviours with a One Team philosophy and behavioral based safety programmes during construction phase.
- Partner with the HES team to implement a Safety Programme for site execution.
- Construction Management (40%)
- While in Perth support the development of plans, work processes and participate in reviews/workshops that support the Deconstruction, Early Works and New Facility construction scope that will be implemented onsite.
- Manage execution of multiple work fronts on Barrow Island for the project in accordance with the plan.
- Ensure that productivity is managed and optimised through continual process improvements.
- Lead a cross functional team during site execution to ensure that the facility is installed as per design with the intended quality as per plan.
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder engagement, with onsite stakeholders and Perth teams to report status and raise concerns.
- Resource Management 20%
- Work with the Construction Lead to develop a resourcing plan to enable Deconstruction, Early Works and New Facility construction onsite.
- Build a collaborative one team environment between the contractors and client representatives.
- Define key job responsibilities of contractors and manage resources jointly with the contractor to ensure org capability is maintained.
- 15+ years’ experience in a multi discipline construction environment managing contractors (expected 50 – 100 personnel onsite)
- Degree qualifications highly regarded
- Experience within the Construction industry, specifically for construction of LNG plants and knowledgeable with industry construction methods and procedures
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and multitask key deliverables and timelines within a multidiscipline team of field supervisors and contractors, accountable for the successful implementation of the project's construction execution philosophy and completions programme.
- Good understanding and able to read Engineering drawings
- Proven record of consistently meeting quality, construction, and schedule goals
- Good organisational skills and able to keep clear and precise records and quality documentation
- Competency in the use of common computer systems and software
- Long term contract (August 2022- December 2024)
- Perth based role - Expected to transition to site based position in Q2/3 2023
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive rates
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)