About this role: Commissioning Manager
Responsible for direction, planning and management of the commissioning phase of capital projects, beginning in the early phases of project definition with project execution planning, phasing, and scheduling, and continuing throughout the erection and commissioning phases of the project. The scope of this position includes the performance evaluation of facilities, systems, and assemblies to ensure they meet defined objectives and criteria. Manages the all-inclusive quality-oriented process for the planning, delivery, verification, and managing risks to critical functions.
- Nature of Work: Works on complex issues and implements solutions mostly through the determination of strategy and delegation to others in a group or functional area.
- Level of interaction: Often collaborates with managers and/or functional or site leaders and has some interaction with external colleagues.
- Autonomy/decision making: Works under moderate supervision and has some latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact department or individual work group.
- Budgetary responsibility: Contributes to budget preparation by supplying costs and recommendations.
- Managerial responsibility: Manages supervisors or mid-level professional individual contributors.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing comprehensive commissioning plans, manpower resources and managing the pre-commissioning and commissioning effort effectively as required for start-up of capital projects.
- Works with EPCM contractor to obtain pre-commissioning plan to be used as the basis for the wet/ore commissioning and start up plan.
- Reviews a P&IDs, design drawings and specifications to fully understand designated project areas and pre-commissioning systems and subsystems. Understands structure of turn over packages as defined on markup P&ID’s and flow sheets furnished by the EPCM. Provides input as needed on TOP structure to EPCM as required to ensure logical turnover sequence.
- Reviews all scope outside EPCM battery limits for items to be supplied by owner. Any interface items required for successful plant startup such as power supply, water supply, control system design and supply, reagents, raw material feed supplies, ancillary systems, etc., shall be included in the integrated commissioning plans as well as an integrated construction and mechanical completion milestone schedule.
- Collaborates with Construction Managers and discipline Superintendents to understand construction sequence and upcoming areas for pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Develops commissioning schedule, plans, and procedures and conducts punchlist inspections.
- Ensures that all commissioning activities are captured in the project systems and works with Document Controls to prepare turnover package documentation.
- Directs the activities of consultants and contractors.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor ’s degree in engineering or related field or equivalent in training and/or field experience and a minimum 10 years’ experience in the field
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum 15 years’ progressive experience in the field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with project commissioning planning on mining smelting process facilities projects and/or same experience in heavy industrial projects.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Fluency in Bahasa language would be a plus
- Reports to the Project Director onsite and functionally to the Director Commissioning
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Alyssa McLaren via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary