About this role: CAD Designer/Tailings Range Planner
Brunel is currently searching for a CAD Designer/Tailings Range Planner for a direct hire role with our client in Miami, Arizona. This is a full-time, on-site position located at a mining facility.
In this role you will assist the Tailings Superintendent, Responsible Tailings Facility Engineer and interface with the Engineer of Record in tailings planning, short and long-term. You will support the business by using GIS and Earthwork Modeling Software applications to provided detailed tailings deposition plans, water removal plans, and safe work plans for tailings management. As the Designer you will work with appropriate team members to visualize the overall strategy and plans for the department and provide support in designing TSF construction.
- Conduct job site review weekly and print and distribute plans for 7 day work week
- Build plans that minimize equipment downtime
- Create designs for the development of the active tailings storage facilities, the closure of closed storage facilities, and water management plans across all facilities
- Develop supporting infrastructure design, (pipe/road corridors, channels, ditches, ponds, etc.)
- Assist in managing GPS systems and uploading CAD files to Trimble systems on heavy equipment
- Work in compliance with all safety procedures at all times
- Plan work according to TSF construction strategies using survey and design tools
- Participate in and document weekly, monthly and long-term project planning and scheduling meetings
- Assist with the implementation of industry and global tailing standards and reporting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the field of Civil Design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of TSF design, construction, operation, maintenance and surveillance
- Knowledge of survey equipment, procedures and principles
- Intermediate to proficient computer skills (all Microsoft Office applications)
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- MUST be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship
This position offers a Total Rewards package including competitive wage, fantastic benefits package that begins on your first day of employment, along with PTO, sick pay, holiday pay, 6% 401K match vested on day 1, Employee Share Plan, Short-term Incentive Plan and more.
Our client is one of the oldest most productive mines in the U.S. Join their growing team today!
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)