About this role: Wireline Crew Chief & Supervisors
Looking for an exciting new opportunity in the wireline industry? We are currently seeking experienced Wireline Crew Chiefs and Supervisors to join our client’s team!
As a Wireline Crew Chief or Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading a team of wireline personnel and ensuring the safe and efficient operation of wireline services. You will be responsible for coordinating with the client and other service providers to deliver high-quality wireline services.
We welcome international candidates to apply, and a visa will be provided for eligible candidates to work in Australia.
If you are an experienced Wireline Crew Chief or Supervisor looking for a new challenge, apply today!
Wireline Crew Chief
- Operates, under normal conditions, the winch unit for running in and out of the hole; "zeros" tools and monitors tension meter, cable speed, depth and spooling of cable; understands depth control and weight indicator systems; uses all winch cable safety controls.
- Prepares well for service operations, aligns logging unit, installs sheave wheel, threads cable, and connects multiple tools as required.
- To select, load and unload required tools and corresponding surface instrumentation for the job.
- To assist the Engineer in maintenance checks of tools and equipment in the Cell.
- Participates in inspecting, maintaining and repairing primary tools, service units, and associated equipment according to the RITE program.
- To service, maintain, and assist in marking cables.
- To build bridles and heads.
- Identifies the surface instrumentation, tools, and associated equipment required to run each service in the district.
- To coach & train young operator & trainee operator for their task.
- Ensure job deliverables are accurate and delivered on time.
- Execute service delivery to the customer.
- Participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs.
- Assist the Design/Technical Engineer with implementing technical programs and bids.
- Develop customer contacts to promote company products and services.
- Ensure company and regulatory standard compliance by implementing the Compliance Assessment Tool (CAT), self-assessments, and wellsite inspections.
- Lead Service Quality Meetings with customers and improve performance using action plans.
- Participate in HSE and Quality initiatives.
- Wear PPE and observe HSE policies.
- Maintain the required safety training.
- Provide backup to the Job Delivery Lead and PSD Managers in their absence.
- Previous experience as a Wireline Crew Chief or Supervisor (Field Engineers / Field Specialists)
- Experience in accurately meeting predetermined specifications.
- Understand basic use of volt / ampmeters
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong focus on safety
- Flexibility to work onshore and offshore in WA
- Have current working rights in Australia or eligible for a work visa in Australia
- Opportunity to work for a global leader in the Oil & Gas service provider industry.
- Competitive day rates for the right candidate
- Location: onshore & offshore WA
- Roster: 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off
- 6-month contract work
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Grace Cheng via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth
+61 8 9429 5659