About this role: Wells QA/QC Assurance Specialist
Brunel Australasia has partnered with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies to find a Wells Quality Assurance Specialist
The ideal candidate for this role must possess end to end expertise in inspections and testing for Drilling, Completions and Well Intervention related Equipment & Services.
As a Wells QAQC expert, you will work closely together with engineers and suppliers on ensuring quality strategies in relation to contract and Project requirements are implemented.
To lead and perform QMS audits on suppliers and to perform process audits on tools and jobs as defined by the client. The scope of process audits can be derived from the checks, verifications and/or actions suggested below.
Define, review, implement and maintain quality plans, service quality plans, ITPs or PM-ITPs, for oversight of suppliers while ensuring all contractual or purchase orders Wells quality requirements are effectively communicated and met. Manage and coordinated inspection and surveillance inspection activities for equipment and services, where required.
Ensure NPT, corrective actions from audits & investigations and non-conformances are properly documented, appropriately investigated, and satisfactorily actioned.
Provide advice and guidance to engineers and warehousing personnel including development of inbound inspection, storage, and preservation guides for all major Wells equipment categories.
We are keen to hear from passionate Quality professionals experienced in Wells roles that have excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
Beyond that we are keen to hear from men and women with as many of the following mentioned competency:
- Experience in quality roles and extensive knowledge of drilling, completion and well intervention equipment.
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken, and all correspondence, reports etc. shall be in English.
- Extensive skill and knowledge in leading internal and supplier audits and assessing these against API Spec Q1 and Q2
Training and demonstrated expertise in the latest edition of DS-1® Volume 3 and Volume 4 or NS2 which includes, but is not limited to:
- Dimensional and non-destructive testing on both API and proprietary rotary shouldered connections
- MPI, LPI and UT testing methods and procedures for drill pipe and BHA components
- Repair and gauging of rotary shouldered connections
Demonstrated competency in the QA/QC process for drilling tools
- Verifying suppliers have the proper checklists, drawings, assembly and testing procedures,BOM, component records and configurations for their specialty tools.
- Understanding the critical need that the supplier follows procedures and utilizes objective acceptance criteria for used tool components.
- Specific requirements for Shop Qualifications of drilling jars, MWD/LWD, rotary steerable tools, motors, under reamers, surface safety valves, Kelly valves, and IBOPs, fishing tools,and specialty tool connections.
- Formally documenting all activities that do not conform to supplier, client or industry standard by using the client’s nonconformance form and presenting to the client at the end of each day of work
Have a recent history (past 12 months) of witnessing of a minimum of three supplier jobs for a specific rental tool including NDE, inspection, assembly and testing.
Understand relevant API specifications including API Spec 7-1, API Spec 7-2, API 5CT, and API 5DP.
Knowledge of maintenance and inspection requirements for various oilfield components under API Spec 6A; API RP 8B, 8C; API 11B; API 11D1; API 5CT; API Spec 16A, 16C, 16D; etc.
Knowledge of and capability to carry out visually checks of premium connections from Vallourec,Tenaris, etc.
Currently holding or has previously held at least a Level II ASNT NDT certification, with knowledge of SNT-TC-1A
- QLD based role but open to Australian Based candidates on FIFO basis
- 12 Month Contract
- Fantastic rates depending on experience
- Must have Well experience
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Darren Leavey via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane
+61 7 3007 7629