About this role: Study Engineer
On behalf of our tier-1 mining client, we are currently seeking an experienced Engineer and Senior Engineer to join the Portfolio Management team leading order of magnitude studies in the sustaining capital division.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the development of sustaining capital projects from project initiation through to stage gate 1, with a focus on developing strong engagements with key business stakeholders and supporting the overall end-to-end studies process.
Reporting to the Superintendent of OOM Studies and working in a collaborative team, you will:
- Work closely with support teams in areas such as Project Controls, Contracts & Procurement, and Health & Safety to safely execute your projects and realise the benefit to operations.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to enable seamless flow of information and ensure all documentation is clear, supported, and adhered to.
- Improve and maintain safety outcomes and behaviours of the project engineering and construction teams.
- Facilitate and coordinate discussions between Delivery Teams if decisions or collaboration is required to resolve outcomes for Sustaining Capital.
- Strategically plan to reduce overall challenges that impact Studies and Sustaining Capital and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to provide properly scoped projects in a coordinated manner to seek efficiency throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Oversee the vendor allocation of project engineering resources to deliver the OOM report.
- Report and provide regular updates to the Studies Superintendent.
Ideally, you will have:
- A degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering).
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
- Prior experienced in management and leading teams.
- Strategic thinking skills with a proven history of delivering process improvements.
- Highly effective communication and stakeholder liaison skills with the ability to harness influential leadership.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI.
- Working Knowledge of Archer, CPMS, Sustaining Capital Framework and ALIM drawing systems.
The successful candidates will be rewarded with:
- $91 – 103 per hour + super on all hours (negotiable based on experience)
- Perth based Monday - Friday roster with ad hoc site travel
- Initial 12-month contract with potential to extend
- Free and confidential counselling services through our EAP for yourself and direct family
- Opportunity to earn bonus incentive vouchers through our contractor referral program
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging, flexible payroll options, discounted gym & health memberships, corporate travel benefits, retail discounts, plus more.
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented peoplewith opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled
roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidateswith industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney,
Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly globalnetwork spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal
and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Danielle Collins via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth
+61 8 9429 5649