Sr. Mechanical Rotating Engineer (Design Engineering)
Vacancy number • PUB406382
- Study and develop conceptual designs, prepare detailed engineering solutions, plan, monitor and coordinate all assigned modifications (projects) with project team for a wide range of tasks related to discipline scope.
- Act as a key focal point for inhouse/subcontracted engineering. Review of engineering studies conducted in line with defined requirements, industry best practices and contractual agreements.
About this role
- Coordinate discipline review and approval of design and interfaces with Contractor on Company requirements and specifications.
- Review and approve all related technical documents and coordinate with supervisor.
- Review and advice on layouts, site preparation, rotating-pipeline systems, etc. during technical evaluation stage of bidder’s proposals to assess technical capability and ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Ensure projects’ mechanical rotating engineering design and engineering activities are executed according to specification, within budget, with the contract scope of work and meets time schedules.
- Coordinate and provide engineering support for construction activities, including the assurance that engineering details required for construction are provided.
- Review and approve modifications (projects) as-built documents.
- Conduct site verification and data collection of existing and new facilities as part of study preparation.
- Carry out the technical reviews for all areas of work covered in mechanical/rotating engineering projects while evaluating requests and recommending appropriate solutions and proposing changes as necessary within the defined project scope and protocols to facilitate achievement of defined objectives.
- Consults with representatives of Process, Construction, Maintenance, Inspection, Operation, Reliability, etc. to ensure that designs meet the objectives.
- Execute verification, studies and detail design following best engineering practices and optimization in term of cost, construction simplicity, operability, and maintainability, HSSE, etc.
- Prepares design specifications for rotating equipment.
- Develops calculations for adequacy checks of existing equipment for any modified conditions, etc.
- Prepares supply and services purchase specifications.
- Develops studies for new installation equipment layout to optimize the available space, with respect to best engineering practice.
- Prepares MTOs and BOQs.
- Prepares Scope of Work and technical specification for mechanical construction subcontracts.
- Prepares technical documentation for rotating equipment requisition.
- Carry out technical evaluations.
- Preparation of mechanical design, constructive drawings of rotating equipment installation and plot plans drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline Engineering.
- Minimum Experience for discipline Engineer position:
- 8 years of experience in design/engineering in the field of Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry.
- Good knowledge of discipline design/engineering with sufficient experience in different discipline areas.
- Minimum Experience for discipline Senior Engineer position:
- 12 years of experience in design/engineering in the field of Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry.
- In-depth knowledge of discipline design/engineering with wide experience in multi-discipline areas.
- Knowledge of rotating design/engineering.
- Familiar with static equipment and piping systems.
- Familiar with mechanical equipment package systems.
- Specify packages and rotating equipment including compressors, blowers, turbines, pumps, combustion engines, transmissions, etc. in accordance with process data, company requirements, specifications and the Industrial/international Codes and Standards (API, ANSI, ASME, etc.).
- Understanding equipment requirements connected to piping systems.
- Prepares design sketches and drawings of various facilities based on modification requests, design calculations, field measurements, codes and standards.
- Makes the required mechanical calculations on computer/by hand.
- Assist in inspection during testing and evaluate test results of equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Project Management
- Time management skills
- Works independently most of the time and/or as part of an integrated project
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours /5 Days
- 1 to 5 years, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Bea Cristina Pineda quoting publication number: PUB406382