About this role: Sr. Designer
- Familiarize with corporate archives and record systems and be able to retrieve drawings / documents.
- Carry out data mining of project dossiers, multidisciplinary engineering drawings / documents, operation manuals, inspection reports, etc. to identify and extract geographic and engineering attribute data required to update Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Carry out as-built site survey without supervision to identify, locate and gather data about underground and above ground services and equipment in oil and gas operating fields and petrochemical plants.
- Plan and communicate survey requirements to surveyors.
- Collaborate and engage with relevant stakeholders including COMPANY / Joint Venture personnel and contractors to understand location of underground and above ground services / facilities and give directions to surveyors to survey them.
- Assist Senior GIS Engineers in developing and mapping utility networks in GIS.
- Produce / prepare AutoCAD drawings using information extracted from engineering drawings, as-built site surveys, field survey data collected by surveyors in accordance with COMPANY standards.
- Populate attribute data gathered from engineering records and site surveys in MS Access database and MS Excel.
- Link AutoCAD entities with records in MS Access Database and MS Excel using external database connectivity feature of AutoCAD.
- Upload / populate data gathered from various sources in Corporate GIS.
- Participates in the development of improvement objectives in the department concerned.
- Frequent long working hours may be required, which include outdoor field work in onshore and offshore areas.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment requiring special coordination skills. Sound inter-personal relationships and effective communication within COMPANY and Contractor Teams.
- Degree in Instrumentation / Telecom / Civil Engineering discipline and certification in Computer Aided Drafting / Design using AutoCAD. Knowledge of ArcGIS, 3D Plant Models, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience in preforming electrical engineering design services of which six (6) years shall be in the Oil & Gas / Petrochemical Industry, including experience in FEED and EPIC Phases of Onshore and Offshore Projects.
- Ability to carry out data mining to extract relevant geographic and engineering attribute information from multidisciplinary engineering drawings / documents.
- Ability to extract route of underground services in geographic coordinates from as-built engineering drawings.
- Ability to carry out as-built site surveys independently without supervision in order to update as-built engineering layout drawings in geographic coordinate system.
- Experience in the detailed design associated with oil and gas projects including, but not limited to, industrial, commercial and residential infrastructure, hydrocarbon pipelines, highways & roads, potable water supply, fire water, and drainage projects.
- Ability to produce in-house CAD design and drafting work without supervision.
- Experience in the review, verification, and approval of engineering and detailed design drawings in compliance with the latest codes and industry standards.
- Must have knowledge of Industry and International standards, relevant to his discipline, including Shell DEPS.
- Working experience in multi-discipline with Engineering Design Consultancy Organizations in the Middle East.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in working in onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours /6 Days
- 26 June 2024
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Deepika Mafatlal Jain via the details below, quoting publication number:
Deepika Mafatlal Jain
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha