Vacancy number • PUB406478
As a Security Specialist, your role is to administer, coordinate, and evaluate security programs that support the company's strategy, policies, and standards. You will be responsible for ensuring the physical safety of all employees, contractors, and visitors, as well as the property and assets. This includes working closely with the Superintendent of Security and contributing to the strategic management of security-related issues, provisions, and initiatives across the organization. You will also interface with the security provider and assist in contractor management in accordance with the company's contractor management framework.
About this role
- Compiles data and analyzes results of audits, inspections, daily logs, and incident reports to assess security vulnerabilities, measure program effectiveness, and identify the need for additional resources.
- Assists with the development of training, education programs, and communications on security policies and topics to ensure staff is prepared for potential security issues, crisis response, disaster recovery, evacuation, workplace violence, and other.
- monitors communications (print, social and television) and stays informed about local, state, eve. provincial, or federal security-related information, directives, and events
- Conduct and supervise low-level investigations in cases of localized theft, property damage and other breaches in security.
- May coordinate or assist with investigations and critical event responses in coordination with law enforcement and other officials.
- Understands law enforcement methods, tactics, and procedures.
- Manages, improves, and provides expertise on security management practices to improve organizational security outcomes and performance.
- Identifies and assesses risks, makes risk informed decisions, uses the company's risk management framework, and builds a risk aware culture to support safe and productive performance outcomes.
- Implements security governance/assurance practices and Management of Change procedures to control value outcomes across the company.
- Strives to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste.
- Knows our customer and is obsessed with meeting their needs.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels and influence outcomes.
- Detail-orientated and technically adept
- Proactive, Efficient , situationally-savvy
- Influencing and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to the company’s Charter Values
- Work under pressure and be able to make short- and long-term decision.
- Background in National Security (military, law enforcement or civilian) or private security organization; Experience in the Mining Industry is a plus.
- Security Management or supervisory role in high-risk environments in public or private sector organization
- Familiar with legislation and regulation affecting security particularly the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights and International code of Conduct for Private Security
- Security technology – protection of structures and installations & executive protection.
- Bachelor/associate degree or diploma in security management /security administration/ criminology /criminal justice and/or equivalent qualification
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Andy Borgatti quoting publication number: PUB406478