Sourcing Project Lead
Vacancy number • PUB406557
Our Global Wastewater client located in Oakville, ON, is seeking a highly skilled Sourcing Project Leader to join their team. As a key member of the projects team, the Sourcing Project Leader will be responsible for leading and managing all procurement activities for assigned projects, ensuring strategic execution of procurement plans, and successful project completion within budget and schedule. If you are an experienced procurement professional with strong communication and leadership capabilities and a track record of successful project management, we encourage you to apply.
About this role
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Project Engineers to understand the client's procurement needs and requirements for each project
- Develop and implement procurement strategies that align with the project goals and objectives
- Identify potential suppliers, conduct market research, and negotiate contracts and pricing to ensure the best value for the project
- Manage the procurement process, from supplier selection to purchase order issuance, delivery, and payment
- Ensure that all procurement activities comply with company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Track and report procurement metrics, such as supplier performance and cost savings, to the Project Manager and stakeholders
- Monitor and mitigate procurement risks, such as supply chain disruptions, price fluctuations, and quality issues
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years working on projects in wastewater/utilities or similar environments
- Proven experience as a Procurement Specialist, Procurement Manager, or similar role in a project-based environment
- In-depth knowledge of procurement processes, procedures, and tools, including contract management, supplier evaluation, and negotiation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Tori Pochapsky quoting publication number: PUB406557