About this role: Shuttle Driver
Brunel is currently searching for CDL Shuttle Bus Drivers for positions at Rio Tinto Kennecott’s Mine located Southwest of Salt Lake City, Utah.
We are seeking experienced, safe and reliable drivers for our employee shuttle bus program. These positions are open to candidates who possess a current valid CDL A or B. Passenger endorsement required OR willing to obtain one.
As a Kennecott Shuttle Driver, you will be responsible to safely and promptly transfer passengers to and from specific locations within the mine on a 36-passenger bus.
We offer flexible part-time OR full-time positions for the following shifts:
- 2am - 10am - early morning shift
- 1pm - 8pm – afternoon shift
The mine operates 365 days per year. Drivers will commit to this schedule above and be available to work a minimum of 2 days, up to 6 days per week. There is flexibility in the working days per week.
If you are retired, in school, looking for a second job, or simply seeking a full-time driving career close to home, this is a perfect job for you! These positions could also lead to permanent advancement opportunities within Kennecott’s mine operations.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must have a current, valid CDL-A or CDL-B
- Passenger endorsement required, or ability to obtain
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass a DOT medical exam and pre-employment drug screening
- Must pass a background check
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of commercial driving experience (i.e. bus, shuttle, commercial truck, box van, or any equipment requiring CDL A or B) employment history verified.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be able to read, write and speak English with the ability to follow precise instructions
- Must possess exceptionally safe driving habits
- Willingness to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Desire to work with a team to achieve one goal
- Competitve pay.
- Annual increases.
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits. A minimum of 30 hours required for full-time status. Benefits include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment. LTD/STD and Life Insurance begin after 90 days.
- Plus 10 days paid time off!
- All employees are eligible for 401K match of 50% up to 3%.
- $250 sign-on bonus – paid after 90 days consecutive employment OR If you need a passenger endorsement, Brunel will assist in obtaining in lieu of the sign-on bonus (promissory note required)
- Paid training including MSHA
Rio Tinto Kennecott Mine in Utah is one of the top producing mines in the World. Join the team today!
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Madison Ringlein via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel USA - Houston