Shotfirer -Drill and Blast Operators
Vacancy number • PUB406459
Brunel is recruiting experienced and qualified Shotfirers for contract roles within a leading Iron Ore producer. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career with one of Australia’s top mining companies while taking advantage of an excellent pay rate and fantastic site culture. This role is on an 8/6 roster with genuine temp to perm and career progression pathways onsite.
About this role
Reporting to the Drill and Blast Supervisor, these positions will also be required to provide sufficient quantity and quality of blasted stock for mining or processing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform all duties as directed by the Drill & Blast Supervisory Team to meet daily operational targets.
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensuring all associated equipment is maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensuring Drill & Blast patterns are kept to a high standard.
- Using techniques and procedures that improve performance and cost efficiencies.
Education and Experience:
- WA Manual Driver's License
- Dangerous Goods Security Clearance
- Current WA Shotfirer's License
- Senior First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Communication/ interpersonal skills - two-way operation
- Electronic experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection and OHS Act/Regulations
- Basic computer and time management skills
- FIFO from Perth/Busselton/Karratha
- 8:6 roster / 12.5 hr. shifts
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Genuine temp to perm opportunities if you display the right attitude and commitment.
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging inc. options for flights ex east coast, flexible payroll options, discountedGym & health membership, corporate travel benefits plus more
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organizations on a contract, permanent, or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Rebecca Daglan quoting publication number: PUB406459