Vacancy number • PUB406120
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Scheduler with our client who is a leading mining company inNew Mexico.
This is a long-term, contract position on a 4x1 rotation (4-weeks on site, 1-week WFH) for candidates who are outside the geography. This position will work on rotation on-site at the Chino mine site in New Mexico. Travel accommodations, housing, transportation, and a monthly stipend will be included.
About this role
About the Role
- Manages and oversees scheduling function within project controls functional area for moderate to high-risk capital engineering and construction projects.
- Responsible for project planning and scheduling, monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting.
- Manages planning team members reporting to the Project Controls Manager.
- Participates in establishing operating policies to mitigate risk.
- Provides guidance and consultation for project team members.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns, and potential mitigations
- Interact with the Project Management team and corporate team in the development of the project schedule and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information, conduct analysis, and prepare reports and presentations of information to communicate potential issues and concerns as needed on the project. Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule.
- Identify, determine, and communicate design changes, scope changes, schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, well documented and ensure the change management process is followed and communicate and suggest corrective actions
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work.
- Manage project baseline process for schedule and participate in progress measurement as well as forecasting of final schedule throughout the project. Ensure all planning is conducted in accordance with company standards and procedures and that schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend mitigations and potential workarounds
- Participate in risk management; this includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition, determine potential schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified
- Mentor and lead other project planner/scheduling members, ensure project planning team is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews, and manage any staffing issues that may arise
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slippages identified in schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related fields and ten (10) years’ experience in Construction Management, at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR
- High School diploma or GED and fifteen (15) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business-related field with at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls planning and scheduling
- Experience with construction of metal mining operations, especially with regards all disciplines of construction.
- Experience with construction mega projects.
- Preferred experience working on Combined Cycle Power Plants and/or LNG projects.
- Experience with cost estimating for civil projects, project scheduling and project controls
- Skilled in related scheduling software (Primavera, MS Project, etc. )
- Daily rate based on experience
- Position can offer a 4x1 rotation for someone not local. Our client will set you up in all expense-paid, single-status furnished housing for 4 weeks working on site, then fly you home for 1 week of remote work. If you're not local to the area, you'll also receive $750/month stipend, and transportation to and from site.
- You will be eligible for benefits starting on your first day of employment. Benefits include medical, dental and vision, as well as 401K match.
Our client is a global leader in the mining and metals industry.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Madison Ringlein quoting publication number: PUB406120