About this role: Senior Sales Manager
Our client, who specializes in lubricants for the commercial and industrial sector is looking for a senior sales manager to join their team in Ontario. You’d be responsible for managing and growing business in your designated area in Ontario, which includes the GTA and Northern Ontario for sales funneling, managing the sales cycle, and driving growth through a solution-based sales model. This position will focus on various commercial and industrial industries within the defined geographic sales territory such as general manufacturing, fleet, mining, and construction.
- Ability to develop and implement effective sales strategies and tactics in order to generate, qualify, and close leads to deliver on growth targets.
- Develop strong relationships with customers in order to both maintain and grow existing business.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders in order to successfully roll out new business.
- Develop strong networks and expertise within the industry to gain knowledge, contacts and leads.
- Ability to successfully operate in a technical industry and customer base.
- High level of customer service focus
- Ability to operate within a CRM system such as Salesforce to ensure sales activity is managed and up to date.
- Learn and operate within the parameters of the Account-based sales process.
- Special assignments, projects or tasks as assigned by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Business to Business (B2B) sales experience with a strong track record of delivering on growth targets.
- Previous experience in formulating and executing key client account plans with a focus on a solution-selling methodology.
- Experience within the lubricants or oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Preference for technical sales experience and knowledge in the commercial and industrial lubricants industry (i.e., on road fleet, mining, general manufacturing, construction)
- Previous experience in managing and growing a Distributor channel.
- Exceptional sales and business development aptitude
- Strong Interpersonal / non-authoritative leadership skills
- Ability to deal effectively with customers at various levels, including field operations, area supervisors, maintenance personnel and senior management.
- Knowledge of selling through an Associate or Distributor network
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and results-focused
- Ability to measure and document results in a sales environment.
- Comfortable and confident in writing and delivering presentations.
- Mechanical aptitude and/or interest
- Computer literacy to ensure efficient communication and maintenance of accounts.
- A focus on proactive continuous improvement and initiative in order to maximize value to customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams as well as working independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience using SAP and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Clemens Snoeijer via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto