About this role: Senior Process Engineer
- Ensure safe, timely and on-budget completion of assigned tasks / projects;
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a professional manner and in compliance with COMPANY values, policies, specifications and procedures. Ensure that best (process) engineering practices, lessons learnt and know-how are employed in carrying out all activities. Ensure effective process design studies or review/checks with efficient reporting to COMPANY engineering entity management;
- Managed positions: None or 1-2 team members depending upon assigned task;
- Carry out studies from pre-project to detailed engineering up by supervising engineering contractors’ teams and other COMPANY engineers as required;
- Liaise with COMPANY shareholders, Technical Reference Persons and committees, and other COMPANY departments. Provide Process design, operating know-how and peer review within COMPANY departments (including Field Operations and Planning & Development) for new facilities and modification of existing facilities.
- Employ a holistic approach to ensure fit-for-purpose, optimal solutions;
- Contribute to the development of less senior process engineers by providing assurance, mentoring and coaching.
- Assure and promote the application of COMPANY HSE and Safety Engineering rules and standards;
- Promote safety culture within COMPANY personnel and contractors and proactively report observations;
- Ensure the safety of personnel and installations as well as protection of the environment during the execution of his/her activities;
- Perform, check and approve conceptual, pre-project, basic/FEED and detailed engineering studies in the frame of process-related modifications to existing or new installations performed in-house or subcontracted, both for E&C-led activities and those of other COMPANY entities as required, and prepare/review scopes of work for the same;
- Provide input, support and participation to/in engineering safety reviews and be responsible for action resolution;
- Execute and/or coordinate necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions;
- Lead the technical review of bidders’ proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly;
- Develop innovative solutions and seek out technologies that can reduce risk, minimize lifecycle costs, increase productivity or improve uptime/efficiency;
- Ensure that Contractors submit all deliverables on time and verify that they achieve COMPANY quality expectations;
- Review Contractors’ engineering drawings, designs and make necessary modifications or recommendations;
- Draw up and cross-check relevant procedures, international standards and COMPANY standards;
- Report to Process Lead on a regular and frequent basis as well as when decisions impacting E&C activities must be taken;
- Make ad hoc trips offshore as part of design implementation process, commissioning and start-up. Undertake quality and safety audits of projects, worksites and contractors’ organizations as required.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Petroleum Engineering from a recognized university;
- At least 12 years of relevant upstream oil and gas industry experience. Exposure to all stages of the offshore oil & gas project life cycle and to operating assets is essential;
- Proven experience in working with engineering contractors;
- Good sense of team spirit leadership, strong interpersonal & soft communication skills;
- Fluent in English – Both spoken and written.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours /6 Days
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Namitha Sambhram Aivalli via the details below, quoting publication number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
+974 4040 3434