About this role: Senior Planning Engineer
Our client, a high-profile global organization within the Energy Sector, has an exciting contract opportunity for a highly skilled Senior Planning Engineer within one of their Project TeamsStart date: ASAPLocation: Aberdeen
Duration: 12 Months
What you Will be Doing:
▪ Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for a portfolio of complex projects. Develop the list of plans required to execute the project and their hierarchy relationship. Drive, manage and ensure completeness of the development of the activities, logic, resources and progress for the integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline and its subsequent maintenance.
▪ Instigate, develop, and police the planning and progress monitoring procedures to ensure that each element of the project performs the processes timely and consistently.
▪ Own the overall schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses. Develop status reporting framework and implement throughout the planning hierarchy. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Management.
▪ Review scope change requests for the impact on schedules and the critical path of the project. Prepare reconciliation between earlier schedules and the current schedule.
▪ Consolidate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and “What if scenarios” to aid project management decision-making.
▪ Liaise with and challenge Senior Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
▪ Contribute to the development of contract strategies documents. Ensure that all contract key dates and milestones align with the overall integrated plan. Evaluate bid schedules and review contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
▪ Contribute to the development of the project’s risk profiles and translate these into the plans using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate. Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion, float consumption and the release of the 50/50 schedule contingency.
What we Need to see in you:
▪ Have min 10 years’ experience in a senior Planning role including the front-end, definition and execution phases of an Opportunity or Project.
▪ Deploys new and innovative techniques to solve integrated project services issues.
▪ Frequent exposure to / interaction with senior levels of business leadership
▪ Works within boundaries of policies and strategies and general agreements. Has large autonomy in adjusting objectives, policies and plans independently.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Ben Callander via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester