Senior Piping Engineer
Vacancy number • PUB406621
- Perform Piping engineering activities for Projects Engineering Support Division ensuring that all activities comply with standardized processes and are delivered to the highest standards.
- Operates in technical environment with interface with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Required to contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in specialized area
About this role
- Ensure piping engineering activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements, project specifications and approved variations if any.
- Resolve engineering issues that may arise and communicate with the Project Execution Team. Elevate issues to higher levels when necessary.
- Develop, update and amend various policies and procedures related to Projects Management Department as and when required in consultation with the Head of Projects Engineering Support and other team members.
- Coordinate with consultants, EPC contractors, 3rd party entities and ensure that design deliverables meet international codes, standards, project specification and best engineering practices
- Possess In depth understanding in interpret International codes and standards. As a part of conflict resolution interpret codes related to pressure vessels, Heat exchangers, Boilers, Incinerators, Furnaces etc
- Evaluate complex tasks and provide appropriate recommendations to management on issues. Provide support to other disciplines and contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Ensure project specific engineering surveillance plans are applied during the screening and review of engineering deliverables. Solicit subject matter expert/technical Authority endorsement on specification deviations
- Be familiar with all Project Philosophies and Procedures and ensure that these are applied to the specification, design and procurement of piping items.
- Be focal point from discipline for safety studies , HAZOP, HAZID and facility wide risk assessment.
- Be discipline focal point during in depended project Reviews ( CERs) such as initial design readiness review, Final design readiness review, constructability reviews etc
- Ensures compliance with systems and processes including the Project Management System and maintains support and adoption of all processes. Prepare plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of projects.
- Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Engineering in the area of specialization
- 8 years’ experience in the area of specialization within Oil and Gas industry, of which 4 years’ are in project management team role.
- Possess in depth knowledge in international codes/stds such ASME B31.3, ASME B31.1, API standards and Dimensional stds.
- Exposure to design software CAESAR II
- Comprehend software outputs/reports and take appropriate decisions.
- Exposure to brown field environment will be added plus
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 2 years, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Chirag Bhatt quoting publication number: PUB406621