Senior Operations Geologist
Vacancy number • PUB406665
On behalf of our client, a global lead energy operator, we are seeking a Senior Operations Geologist to join a dynamic team in Perth for a 12-month contract opportunity. T
he successful candidate will play a crucial role in providing operations geology expertise for Exploration Drilling Operations, ensuring efficient drilling operations and maintaining high standards of service delivery.
About this role
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of geotechnical contractors' systems for drilling programs.
- Coordinate geotechnical reporting and data recording systems.
- Troubleshoot equipment and service delivery problems by contractors.
- Maintain daily communication between onshore and offshore teams.
- Supervise and ensure quality control of daily and end-of-well data deliverables.
- Distribute regulatory reports to government bodies and joint venture partners.
- Compile post-drill reports and documents, including Well Completion Reports.
- Attend joint venture workshops for drilling operations.
- Conduct safety and hazard identification during drilling operations.
- Deliver well operations-related documentation and procedures.
- Coordinate services providers and standard operations procedures.
- Mentor graduate wellsite trainees and optimize Data Acquisition Programme.
- Participate in cost reduction initiatives and identify opportunities for new technologies.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or similar Geosciences degree.
- Strong experience in Well Planning & Operations Geology.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Knowledge of government and petroleum legislation.
- Experience in well design, planning, and logistics.
- Auditing third-party contractors for safety compliance.
- Ability to conduct activities safely and efficiently.
- Participation in safety programs and training.
- Promotion of workplace values and diversity.
- Identification of opportunities for technological advancements.
- Australian Full working rights
- 12 month contract opportunity
- Perth based
- Competitive rates
- Work with a global Lead Energy Operator
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Yamila Cabral quoting publication number: PUB406665