About this role: Senior Estimator
Are you an experienced Senior Estimator looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about delivering accurate and timely building estimation services? Brunel is working with a leading construction company to find a Senior Estimator to join their growing Queensland team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on diverse projects with a value range of $1m to $50m.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, you will be responsible for delivering accurate and timely building estimation services to ensure our client's tenders are competitive and low risk propositions. You will also support project teams to ensure variations are accurately priced.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare initial estimating assessment of tenders for tender shortlist review, identifying project content, risks, and opportunities
- Manage Tender Start-up process, ensuring accurate documentation and trade subcontractor selection
- Prepare and present rated and coded Bill of Quantities and/or cost plans for internal review and stakeholder communication
- Analyze Subcontractor pricing, draft project preliminaries, and minimize our client's exposure to risk
- Conduct regular meetings with key subcontractors throughout the tender period
- Prepare job files for handover of successful tenders and project budgets
- Ensure our client's projects include allowances for safety, FSC accreditation, and sustainability initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in the construction industry
- Construction, Engineering, or Quantity Surveying degree, or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge of tendering, building standards, estimating procedures, and the competitive market
- Thorough understanding of the building process and ability to identify and evaluate construction risk
- Proficient use of CostX, Estimate One, and Microsoft Office software packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Construction Safety Induction (white) card
At our client's company, we value performance, teamwork, and leadership. We are looking for someone with new build experience and/or experience with a similar tier company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team in a company with a strong pipeline of work.
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Tim Chapman via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane