About this role: Senior Estimator
An ASX listed construction company located on the North Side of Brisbane is looking for a skilled senior estimator to join their team.
This is a ASX listed Engineering, Construction, and Remediation project contractor with a fast-growing national presence. They lead the way in providing whole-of-life solutions for assets across the Defence, Marine, Mining, Energy, and commercial sectors. Their impressive portfolio of unique and challenging projects includes Defence buildings and infrastructure, ports and wharves, power stations, stadiums, and historic buildings, among others.
- Assessing tender documentation to determine the likelihood of pricing the works
- Obtaining additional information or seeking clarification through RFI’s to the Client to ensure a complete set of tender documents
- Developing accurate cost estimates through carrying out detailed and accurate material quantity take-offs to develop bills of quantities derived from site measurements
- Collecting and following up on quotation requests from suppliers
- Developing construction methodologies, programs, and submission documentation.
- Developing estimates from first principles using site productivity rates
- Providing detailed tender handover with traceability and support into pre-contracts and delivery
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and maintaining positive relationships
The ideal candidate should have experience working within a contractor environment and/or experience in the remediation environment. They should also possess strong interpersonal skills, confidence, professionalism, and be self-motivated. The ability to identify new project opportunities and ensuring a high success rate of team bids is essential.
- A strong financial and commercial acumen
- High level attention to detail and the ability to work to set timeframes while multitasking
- The ability to present estimates to Senior Management for approval to submit
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management / Quantity Surveying / Engineering or similar equivalent
This company offers ongoing support and mentoring by the National Estimating Lead, rewards and recognition programs, employee referral programs, employee assistance programs, above market salary packaging and salary sacrifice options, discounted health and wellbeing services, and first aid and mental first aid support officers available.
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Tim Chapman via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane