Senior Autoclave Reliability Engineer
Vacancy number • PUB406365
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer preferably with autoclave/ mining background. This is a FIFO role based at a Gold mine in PNG. This will be initially a 6-month contract opportunity (extension highly likely) with FIFO benefits with attractive day rate! Roster – 22 days on/20 days.
The Reliability Engineer role is a key to minimising equipment downtime, optimising life cycle costs and enhance equipment availability to achieve increased production. Successful candidate will develop optimised operation & maintenance strategies for plant equipment based on Failure Modes & Effect Analysis (FMEA) and other reliability methodologies, facilitate root cause analysis, recommend design changes determined by RCM studies, prioritize and eliminate defects, develop critical spare parts lists and analyse data to determine economic benefits and to prioritize the effort.
About this role
- Ensures that reliability improvement work complies with all applicable Safety/Environmental standards and Business Policies
- Facilitate various types of reliability meetings by taking minutes, maintaining action lists and following up
- Provide guidance and act as a mentor in the development of national engineers and technical specialists
- Provide general reliability training and leadership at the plant level
- Develop and maintain an Equipment Criticality register
- Champion change by following Management of Change (MOC) procedures. Should be able to effectively facilitate cultural change
- Familiarity with Pressure vessel, Piping & Tank standards and Asset Integrity principals is essential
- Experience with RCA/ Defect elimination methodologies is essential
- Experience with Strategy development for plant
- Significant direct autoclave reliability experience in fixed plant processing with some Project Execution and Management experience ideal
- Shutdown experience in fixed plant gold processing or similar complex plants
- Significant experience with positive displacement pumps, mechanical seal maintenance and installation
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills are essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering essential
- 7+ years relevant work experience essential including 12 months at a Senior Mechanical Engineering level.
- Technical Specialist experience within Autoclave Asset Maintenance area essential
- Able to perform well in a team with good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- FIFO roster 21 days on/ 14 days off
- Ensuite style accommodation/ good security onsite/ Gym/ full medical facilities onsite
- Attractive Daily rate on offer
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Tiffany Kochannek quoting publication number: PUB406365