About this role: Senior Area Planner
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planner/Scheduler with our client who is a leading mining company based in Arizona.
This contract position will work on-site in Indonesia. This position will initially be working remote and then the jobsite in Indonesia. In addition, a comprehensive Medical Check Up (MCU) must be completed and passed to work on this project. Candidates should have 10-12 years of experience, superintendent level, manage vendors/schedules, will report to Planning manager but need some management/senior level experience.
- Manages and oversees scheduling function within project controls functional area for moderate to high-risk capital engineering and construction projects.
- Responsible for project planning and scheduling, monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting.
- Manages planning team members reporting to the Planning Manager
- Participates in establishing operating policies to mitigate risk.
- Provides guidance and consultation for project team members.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related fields and ten (10) years’ experience in Construction Management, at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR
- High School diploma or GED and fifteen (15) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business-related field with at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls planning and scheduling
- Experience with construction of metal mining operations, especially with regards all disciplines of construction.
- Experience with construction mega projects.
- Preferred experience working on Combined Cycle Power Plants and/or LNG projects and/or Smelters.
- Experience with cost estimating for civil projects, project scheduling and project controls
- Skilled in related scheduling software (Primavera, MS Project, etc. )
- Daily rate
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match – 50% of earnings up to 3% match (immediate vesting). Effective 1st day of the month following date of hire
Our client is a global leader in the mining and metals industry.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Madison Ringlein via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel USA - Houston