About this role: Reliability Engineer
Brunel is seeking a Reliability Engineer/Specialist to proactively monitor and troubleshoot assets in a multi-disciplinary environment, supporting breakdown maintenance activity and providing reliability input into work scope and prioritization. This role will be stewarding predictive/preventative programs activities, lead or support asset failure Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and provide recommendations for improvement and support corrective actions.
- Determine condition of equipment for suitability to continue to run and potential for breakdown.
- Work with specialists to develop scope of repair of equipment.
- Predictive and Preventive:
- Regular monitoring of critical assets, understand cause(s) in consultation with stakeholders and supporting roles. Identify corrective actions, report through various channels and SAP and help prioritize against other competing priorities.
- Steward the performance of predictive/preventative programs for assets in their respective area.
- Steward continuous improvement in predictive and preventive maintenance strategies.
- Lead the identification, planning and implementation of reliability improvement initiatives
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) for events impacting asset reliability
- Support Turnaround/Outage scope development (ensuring asset proactive repairs ensure the expected level of reliability), planning and execution (e.g. Shutdown support for equipment, QA/QC for repairs, Startup support)
- Support scope development, planning and execution for corrective maintenance repairs.
- Identify spare part requirement to support maintenance work.
- Lead the development of Management of Change (MOC) processes for Maintenance changes
- Lead the development and implementation of asset strategies
- Contribute to the preparation of annual maintenance/expense/capital budgets and Long Range Plan (LRP).
- Provide reliability input into capital project design
- Provide reliability input into Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) reviews
- Communicate improvement initiative monthly progress to Area Team and the Team Leader Reliability.
- Identify successes, challenges and plans for future months.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Mechanical / Electromechanical / Mechatronics.
- Technologist Diploma in Mechanical / Electromechanical / Mechatronics with additional years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor degree or Technologist diploma in other areas with relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of related refinery experience in multi-disciplinary environment.
- Rotating equipment: Strong understanding of work principal of fans, blowers, compressors, pumps and steam turbines. Strong understanding of typical components used for rotating equipment and understand drawings and performance curves. Strong understanding of reliability and maintenance practices. Strong understanding of lubrication systems. Good understanding of vibration monitoring.
- Static equipment: Good understanding of boilers, heaters, exchangers, piping and, joints (flanged and welded).
- Strong focus on personal and process safety
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical analysis skill
- Team player in multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to quickly learn new skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint
- General understanding and working knowledge of SAP/maintenance management system and workflow.
- Function location, material master, bill or material
- Notification, work orders, purchase orders
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Cherie Taylor via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary