Vacancy number • PUB405980
Our client, a prominent Tier 1 mining company based in Perth, is seeking a highly skilled Purchasing Officer to join their team on a 6-month contract. As a key player in the mining industry, this organisation is committed to excellence and innovation.
About this role
As a Purchasing Officer, you will report to the Purchasing Supervisor and play a crucial role in delivering procurement services for the Customer Group. This includes purchasing and expediting goods and services in accordance with established policies and procedures to optimize price, delivery, and terms.
- Purchase and expedite materials, parts, supplies, equipment, and services while adhering to established purchasing policies and procedures.
- Identify cost-competitive and reliable suppliers, issuing requests for quotations and leveraging RFQ opportunities.
- Analyze commercial benefit initiatives in new capital, sustaining capital, maintenance programs, and operational spend under direction.
- Ensure all goods and services are ordered and received according to specifications.
- Ensure correct costing of materials.
- Consistently meet the Customer Group's needs regarding the provision of purchasing services.
- Relevant experience in a similar commercial purchasing/buyer role, preferably within the mining and resources sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of materials and inventory management, as well as services buying, including commercial and legal terms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of purchase-to-pay and logistics processes, with experience in the supply of both goods and services.
- SAP experience.
- Team orientation and ability to adapt quickly.
- Ability to handle multiple and highly complex tasks and activities that contain financial and operational risk.
- you must be currently based in Australia with unrestricted right to work to be considered for this role
- Tier 1 Mining business
- $36 per hour + super
- CBD location
- 6 month contract - possible extension
- Salary sacrificing, Novated Leasing, EAP, Hotel/Gym/Insurance discount
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Michael Shirley quoting publication number: PUB405980