About this role: Project Manager
Brunel has recently partnered with a Tier 2 commercial builder to assist in the recruitment of a Project Manager to join their close knit team.
This is a national builder with a great reputation in Fit Out and New Build. They have a number of flagship projects secured for 2023/24 and require someone to take the lead on Fit Out projects in the Brisbane region.
Project values will range from 5M - 30M, which will include some D&C projects.
This is a builder who has a great name for employee retention and satisfaction, having recently won a number of employer of choice awards.
It is a family centric culture, with a deep understanding of what that means to employees, there are regular team and family actives to build a collaborative team.
Working as a Project Manager, you will take a leading role working on several projects from concept design and development stages, right through to construction and completion. The team is fast paced and vibrant, and you will need to bring energy into the role.
Other duties will include
- Planning all phases of the construction lifecycle from initiation to completion.
- Obtaining all necessary regulations and permits.
- Makes sure projects are aligned with agreed-upon plans.
- Managing your Site Managers and Foreman oversees their work.
- Communicating with clients and delivers project progress reports.
- Continuing positive relationship with subcontractors
- Develops and adheres to the budget, timeline, and quality control plan.
- Collaborates with architects, engineers, electricians, and other specialists.
- HSE responsibility in partnership with HSE Advisor and Manager
- Uses scheduling software to update schedules, track progress, and document project progression.
- The ability to manage and mentor in a collaborative and supportive manner
- Excels at organisation, time-management, problem-solving, and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, business administration, or a related degree
- Safety is first and foremost for anyone entering the site as such a good understanding of Occupational Safety and Health requirement and have a proactive approach to safety
- 3 + years of construction Project Management experience
- Exposure to commercial projects, ideally with a value of $10M+
On offer is a work environment that promotes a great work culture, with a great senior management team who are big on mentoring and fostering the right culture for success.
The company offers multiple career progression routes, there are opportunities to progress into a Senior PM then Construction Manager role, this will be achievable from the outset with clear goals and milestones put in place.
The salary on offer is competitive and above market.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)