About this role: Project Engineering Lead
Project Engineering LeadAbbotsford, BC
We are currently hiring a Project Engineering Lead for our client based in Abbotsford, BC. The Project Engineering Lead will report to the Projects Director and will be responsible for the technical delivery and management of projects within scope, budget, schedule, and quality records. They will act as part of a project development team, including Engineering, Operations, and more. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to stay organized and manage competing priorities as they will be operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare projects documents, assist with producing Engineering proposals, and manage associated projects
- Design systems to optimize process flow and generate concepts, detailed drawings and more using different software
- Ensure to maintain health, safety, and environmental focus with projects
- Review and confirm engineering deliverables are complete, technically accurate, and in compliance with applicable codes, standards, and specifications
- Evaluate and design improvements for equipment configuration and plant processes
- Preparation of project documents – Project Plans, Scope documents, and ROI’s, to project stakeholders
- Assist with the production of engineering proposals, cost estimates, schedules, and other documentation to support project development
- Evaluate and implement cross-functional project plans
- Management and definition of scope, schedules, budgets, and quality records for associated projects
- Design of mechanical, structural, and multi-disciplined systems, and equipment for industrial use
- Generate concepts, detailed drawings, product specifications, work instructions, P&ID’s, and BoM’s using AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- Maintain health, safety, and environmental focus to ensure that these elements are embedded in the design and procurement processes
- Quarterback capacity of expansion, safety, and R&D related projects
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical (or similar) engineering
- 5 years+ progressive experience as an Engineer in a manufacturing/industrial industry
- Registered or eligible to register with APEGBC or ASTTBC
- Experience with projects involving manufacturing plants
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work at various times including evenings and weekends when required
- Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD, and Solidworks (or similar)
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal)
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Stephanie Kandic via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary