Project Controls Specialist
Vacancy number • PUB406277
We are a leading recruitment agency partnering with a tier 1 mining company based in Perth. Our client is seeking a dynamic Project Controls Specialist to lead the project controls team supporting the delivery of projects across multiple mine sites. This is a Perth based role. This exciting opportunity allows the successful candidate to embark on a leadership role, managing a team of up to 8 project planning and project cost professionals.
About this role
As the Project Controls Specialist, you will report to the Superintendent Project Controls – SCS and work in a challenging and exciting environment. The role involves providing guidance and leadership to the project controls team, ensuring effective interaction with internal and external stakeholders at a portfolio level.
- Provide guidance and leadership to team members, offering mentoring and training to develop resources.Prepare, analyse, review, and issue timely reports on the assigned Delivery portfolio, including implications of changes to the Annual/Monthly plan and forecast.
- Provide cost and schedule analysis support on the assigned Delivery portfolio and individual projects as required.
- Assist in the development and rollout of key project controls improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with project controls guidelines and procedures.
- Facilitate portfolio/project review meetings and ensure cost and schedule management tools and systems are updated.
- Maintain the integrity of integrated project cost and schedule reports.
- Drive collaboration between delivery, cost, planning, and contracts groups to ensure that project changes are identified and implications are well articulated and understood.
- Ability to use Excel to an intermediate level such as ability to interrogate a spreadsheet to verify and crosscheck data accuracy across systems.
- Highly organised, able to keep the team focussed to manage deadlines and ensure deliverables are met
- Able to motivate others with ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
- Previous experience in project controls or project management.
- Strong people management skills within a project context.
- Mining experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Willingness to travel ad hoc to the Pilbara region.
- You must be currently based in Australia with current right to work already granted to be considered for this role
- Tier 1 Mining business
- $86-106 per hour + super
- 12 month contract
- Perth CBD based
- 40 hour week
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Michael Shirley quoting publication number: PUB406277