About this role: Project Closure Manager
Brunel is seeking a Project Closure Manager for our major mining client. The Project ClosureManager reports directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for providing leadership to
manage and lead the close out phase of a Major Capital Project. The Project Closure Manager willdeliver the approved business objectives, within the constraints of scope, schedule, quality, and
budget, and to identify and manage project related Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) risk.
- Provide leadership and decision making to determine and optimize competing objectivesand ensure successful execution.
- Maintain a strategic focus by effectively identifying, analyzing, and prioritizing risks/issuesexternal to the Project and reconciling these with internal priorities.
- Champion change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas to enhanceproject delivery and return.
- Champions best practices in engineering design processes and project management;fosters and promotes consistency across the organization and ensures team are trained
- Establish, maintain, and govern project delivery strategy, standards, processes, systems,and project plans.
- Manage key internal and external delivery stakeholders, including Business and MineLeadership Teams, Capital Committee Group, governance groups, partners, and
commercial partners as appropriate.
- Drive performance of project delivery performed by third parties within the program.
- Scope, cost, and schedule management including the following: management ofengineering resources and contract engineering, procurement, project controls and
construction management. Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning,design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of the project.
- Develop risk management plan and make decisions regarding various mitigating actions asrequired throughout the life of the project.
- Maintain oversight to ensure that projects are executed in compliance with both internal andexternal governance processes. Responsible for the application of appropriate standards,
rules and regulations in the mining environment including the Occupational Health andSafety Act, National Building Code, the Mining Act, etc.
- Establish, maintain, and govern standards for scope to be delivered.
- Establish, maintain, and govern risk and quality management plans to assure effectivemanagement of the delivery program’s scope of work.
- Evaluate key learnings, industry leading practice and innovations in project delivery toidentify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Establish, maintain, and govern an effective and compliant project delivery organization
- Establish, maintain, and govern capability development plans to ensure appropriately skilledproject delivery resources matched to underlying program scope.
- Partner with internal and external functional areas to gain subject matter knowledge for keydecision making.
- Interface with Business on budgeting process for project.
- 15+ years of large-scale capital project management experience with a track record ofproject closure and demonstrated leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge and experience of global mine operations and minerals project developments.
- Formal certification in Project Management such as Project Management Professional(PMP) or Master’s Certificate is an asset.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Andy Borgatti via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto