About this role: Project Advisor (Approvals)
On behalf of our tier-1 mining client, we are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Project Advisor to join the Sustaining Capital team in Perth on a casual basis with a nominal 1-year duration and an opportunity for extension.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing approvals for our client's Sustaining Capital division and ensuring compliance with legislative and internal governance requirements.
The Project Advisor will liaise with the internal approvals team to obtain all necessary approvals in line with project schedules and governance. As such, this position is critical to ensuring all approvals are gained correctly, managing interface with all stakeholders, prioritizing approvals, and making sure all our approvals are compliant with legislative and internal governance requirements.
- Screening of projects to streamline approvals process, including use of existing approvals where appropriate
- Facilitate submission of project approval requests and survey requests
- Conduct site audits including environment and heritage compliance
- Development of disturbance polygons utilising ArcGIS
- Coordination of approvals with stakeholders including attendance to coordination meetings, and facilitate establishment of separate meetings/communications as appropriate
- Coordination of responses to project requests for information
- Input into development of project schedules for approval requests
- Prioritisation of projects in liaison with key stakeholders
- Provide project progress reports to project leads and other stakeholders
- Adapt and communicate changes in approval requirements
- Improvement projects
Ideally, you will have:
- Strong experience in studies and construction projects
- Proficient knowledge and experience in government approvals
- Prior experience working with mining companies in the Pilbara region
- Ability to work autonomously, show initiative and be driven to achieve results
- Proficiency in GIS software
- Understanding of restrictions associated with Aboriginal cultural heritage
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience with mining companies in Pilbara
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Advisor to join a dynamic team and work on a range of challenging projects.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- $66-85 per hour + super (negotiable depending on experience)
- Perth based Monday to Friday roster: No FIFO - however a commitment to regular ad hoc site travel is required.
- Flexible working arrangements including the opportunity to work from home 2 days per week and schedule site visits at your convenience
- Initial 12-month contract with potential to extend
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging, flexible payroll options, discounted gym & health memberships, corporate travel benefits, retail discounts, plus more
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented peoplewith opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled
roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidateswith industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney,
Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly globalnetwork spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal
and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Danielle Collins via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth
+61 8 9429 5649