Vacancy number • PUB406554
We are currently hiring a Plant Manager for our client based in Etobicoke, for our client, a leading company in the meat industry. The Plant Manager will play a crucial role in overseeing the daily operations of the plant, warehouse and ensuring safety and efficiency in all activities. The Plant Manager will be responsible for managing operating costs within the annual budget forecast and overseeing the maintenance and production of the facility.
About this role
- Plan, organize, and execute processing and production operations to maintain optimal inventory levels, meet customer demands, and ensure product availability for all regions served.
- Develop and manage the annual operations plan and expense budget. Monitor production costs, yield, and variances. Identify process improvements and equipment upgrades to enhance profitability.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to ensure timely supply deliveries. Monitor raw material and finished product stocks, optimizing inventory levels.
- Coordinate orders to meet customer requirements.
- Lead and mentor processing plant employees, ensuring adherence to HR policies, safety training, and performance standards.
- Oversee equipment maintenance, working closely with the maintenance team to enhance equipment reliability and minimize downtime.
- Champion a safety-first approach across all operations, ensuring compliance with health and safety policies and legislative requirements. Implement disaster recovery plans.
- Support food safety programs, certifications, and quality standards. Collaborate with the Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance to ensure adherence.
- Maintain regular contact with procurement, sales, marketing, and regulatory personnel.
- Address quality testing results and customer feedback promptly.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, using data-driven decisions and Lean/Six Sigma methodologies to enhance operations.
- 10+ years' experience as a Plant Manager or equivalent in food processing or manufacturing, ideally in the meat industry.
- Proficiency in root cause analysis and problem-solving.
- Commitment to safety, food safety, and continuous improvement.
- Continuous Improvement Certification (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt, PMP).
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Stephanie Kandic quoting publication number: PUB406554