About this role: Planning Engineer
Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Develop and maintain accurate project schedules and plans at various phases of Projects; analyze and review the progress, review and comment on contractor planning and progress procedures and reports.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Project Planning & Scheduling strategy, plans and procedures, reflecting both Company and contractor roles & responsibilities.
- Develop preliminary schedules and establish key dates for all phases of E&V Projects (Tendering, FEED and Execution).
- Review and analysis of Contractors’ initial Planning Package (Schedules, Network, CPA, procedures etc.)
- Establish and maintain overall integrated schedule for the E&V Project portfolio.
- Analyse monthly schedule submittals and prepare input into overall monthly Project reports consistent with the overall Project reporting system.
- Carry out Schedule Risk Analysis. Identify schedule slippages and potential slippages and develop and propose mitigation actions.
- Review and analyze Contractor proposed revised schedules, recovery plans and extension of time claims through CPA and other tools.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess the project progress.
- Provide support to verify claimed monthly progress against invoices, variations, and change orders.
- Coordinate with the Cost Control function within the Project Management team and contractors, to ensure that project cost phasing is kept up to date in line with current forecasts.
- Prepare the Integrated Planning / Scheduling contribution to the Monthly Project Report and specific reports / presentations.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at different organizational levels.
- Requires strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Knowledge of stage gate project delivery process and the ability to deliver structured schedules and plans appropriate to each phase, Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)