About this role: Petroleum Engineer
Seeking a Petroleum Engineer to provide reservoir surveillance for operated offshore facilities.
Petroleum Engineers are involved in the exploration, development and production of oil and gas. They provide specialty expertise in oil and gas drilling and completions, reservoir management and production. Roles vary depending on the operating environment (e.g., land or offshore).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring proper implementation of established reservoir management strategies and surveillance plans including short-term adjustments to cater for operational constraints without compromising longer-term reservoir recovery.
- Ensuring that wellbore hydraulic models are accurate, up to date and accessible to Asset Level Team (ALT) technical staff via defined repositories/locations.
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams to identify, execute opportunities and optimize well performance.
- Identifying, validating, analyzing and uploading pressure data including clarification/validation of Pressure-Volume-Temperature (PVT) assumptions for fluid density, downhole parameters and determination of missing parameters when required.
- Competently perform on routine applications of skills;
- Anticipates & solves problems by integrating knowledge from a number of areas;
- Less reliant on supervisor;
- Responsible for own projects;
- Represents local workgroup internally and on occasion, externally
- Bachelor's of Engineering in Petroleum Engineering.
- Support numerical reservoir modelling in construction, history matching and updating models in assigned fields
- Assessment of production optimisation opportunities and gap (forecast v. actual) analysis
- Data management and data analysis
- Experience in the upstream / petrochemical / chemical / refinery or a similar industry
- Knowledge of petroleum engineering operations and production methods for oil and natural gas recovery
- Knowledgeable of Reservoir surveillance/modeling, wellbore performance modeling or practical reservoir pressure application such as field surveillance and optimization
- Understanding of Production/Well optimization and Artificial Lift system and technology via practical experiences in troubleshooting/diagnostic/optimizing well performance
- Familiar with Reservoir surveillance, production or hydraulic modeling tools/applications, particularly Integrated Production Modelling (IPM) suite of applications
- Familiarity Pressure analysis tools/applications, e.g. Kappa Suite of Applications
- Able to work independently in most situations.
- Has applicable industry experience with more than one Client Company or with industry associations / professional societies.
- Docklands VIC based role.
- Monday- Friday roster
- 12-month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)